- 1 Do I need to be a paying member to come to Prishtina Hackerspace?
- 2 I don't really want to be a member, but I'd like to support what Prishtina Hackerspace is doing. How can I help?
- 3 I'd like to donate a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. What can I give you?
- 4 Are you a hackerspace or a makerspace?
- 5 Should I be scared that your hackerspace will break into my computer?
- 6 Will you hack into someone's facebook for me?
Do I need to be a paying member to come to Prishtina Hackerspace?
No, we try to make sure our events are as open to the public as possible. Tuesday night meetings at 6pm are open to anyone. In addition we have workshops and other open events that anyone can attend. Generally, we have an open door policy to let anyone into the space to work. This is contingent on members being at the space to let you in. If you'd like to know if people are at the space, or arrange a time to visit, your best bet is to post to the Prishtina Hackerspace Google Group or ask anyone on IRC
I don't really want to be a member, but I'd like to support what Prishtina Hackerspace is doing. How can I help?
Thanks! Join in on some of the projects and events we have going on. Spread the word about Prishtina Hackerspace. That's what we consider helpful support.
For financial support, you can Donate to Prishtina Hackerspace in many ways. Every little bit counts and we appreciate it.
I'd like to donate a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. What can I give you?
Well thank you! We do currently need quite a lot of equipment. Please check out Equipment to see if your items would be unneeded duplicates. The amount of space we have is limited, so we have to be efficient about what we take in. :-)
- We don't want any CRTs, tube TVs and tube computer monitors. These take up a lot of space and aren't useful in our modern flat screen world.
- We have tons of old computer hardware, so we don't need any of that. Modern computer hardware would be appreciated though.
- If you have broken electronics you want to donate, it'd help us greatly if you strip out useful components first (i.e. stepper motors, power supplies, things like that).
- We appreciate any and all donations, but please try to be thoughtful of about what is useful. We want to avoid using Prishtina Hackerspace for electronic waste storage!
Are you a hackerspace or a makerspace?
It doesn't matter. Hackerspace is the preferred term of the 'hackerspace movement'. Makerspace could be used when you don't want to scare someone who doesn't understand the true history of the word hacker.
Should I be scared that your hackerspace will break into my computer?
No, that's not what we do at all. We don't break into peoples website, facebook account or anything similar. We use the term hacker in the the historical 'creative use of technology' sense, not the 'media cybercriminal' sense.
Will you hack into someone's facebook for me?